For a very special outing take an amazing flight in a Cessna C177 plane with 4 seats (the pilot and up to 3 passengers), high wings, a steeply raked windshield, and the possibility to fly with the right window open. This plane is therefore ideal for sightseeing tours because it gives you unobstructed views & the perfect platform for aerial photos so don’t forget to bring your camera with you.
To take this flight you must be a member of the Aeroclub of Chania. We will arrange this for you so that all you need to do is fill out a simple application form just before taking the flight.
*** I am usually scared of flying but I can highly recommend this aerial tour because I found it to be a fantastic experience that was not only exhilarating but also peaceful and relaxing - and not even a little bit frightening so I will definitely be going up again.
The specifications for the Cessna C177 are as follows:
• Crew: one pilot
• Capacity: three passengers
• Length: 27 ft 8 in (8.44 m)
• Wingspan: 35 ft 6 in (10.82 m)
• Height: 8 ft 7 in (2.62 m)
• Wing area: 174 ft² (16.2 m²)
• Empty weight: 1,495 lb (680 kg)
• Max. takeoff weight: 2,500 lb (1,100 kg)
• Powerplant: 1 × Lycoming O-360-A1F6D flat-4 engine, 180 hp (135 kW)
• Maximum speed: 136 knots (157 mph, 250 km/h)
• Cruise speed: 124 knots (143 mph, 230 km/h)
• Range: 604 nm (695 mi, 1,120 km)
• Service ceiling: 14,600 ft (4,450 m)
• Rate of climb: 840 ft/min (4.27m/s)